Flash Media Encoder is an encoder for Windows XP and Vista that supports broadcasting in H.264, On2 VP6 or Sorenson codecs. This guide will be a quick startup of how to use it.
- Download and install Flash Media Encoder (FME): Click here to download.
- Download your XML Profile, from here. Note: Make sure to download the correct XML profile for what version of FME you are running (2.5 and older or 3.0), remember where you saved it, also it is helpful to rename the file to the account name you're downloading the XML file for
- Open FME then open your show's XML file from the saved location.(To open your XML file, click "File" -> "Open".)
- Click "start"
To start streaming your video and/or audio source, follow these steps:
- Select the 'Video ' option to enable video streaming (see screenshot below).
- Select the 'Audio ' option if you want to stream live audio.
- It's recommended you select 'Medium Bandwidth (300 Kbps) for 'Preset'.
- Select the video source you would like to stream under the 'Device ' parameter.
- Turning "Deinterlace" on is a help to reduce lines in your picture.
- Open your XML profile, through File
- Click on 'Connect ' to connect to the server.
- Click on the big green 'Start ' button near the bottom of the page to start streaming your video and/or audio source to your account.
With FME you can also broadcast in h.264, you will have to download FME 2.5 or FME 3.0 in order to have this option. The steps to use FME 2.5 are the same as written above, except now under the device menu you have you "Format" from which you can choose either VP6 or h264. Start out by using the Medium bandwidth settings under the preset and tweak these as you like.